• Critical, visible role with high Executive exposure
• Strong growth focus to leverage recent growth announcements
• Iconic, technically challenging mine
St Barbara is one of Australia's most recognised mining companies with a proud and enduring contribution to the nation's gold sector. The group combines deep operating expertise with a modern culture that is consistently recognised for its achievements across diversity and ESG outcomes; St Barbara having been recognised as an employer of choice by independent benchmarks.
Since 2005 the group has successfully operated at Leonora (Gwalia) as its foundation asset, one of Australia's most iconic and mineral endowed gold mines. Additionally, the group has grown significantly through acquisition with operations now spanning three highly prospective international geographies. The future of the Leonora asset has also been further enhanced by the recent announcement to acquire Bardoc Gold, adding a number of near-term resource development opportunities.
Leanora is a technically challenging, yet rewarding operation, supported by a committed workforce and a new mining contractor Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, key focus areas for this role will extend to;
- Planning and executing both strategic and tactical outcomes spanning mining, processing, logistics, community and commercial activities.
- Nurturing and maintaining a responsive and progressive operational culture that has high performance, unwavering dedication to HSEC and a continuous improvement ethos at its core;
- Engaging, integrating and managing a large contractor workforce to promote a seamless, aligned service model and;
- A significant contribution to the assessment of growth options, in particular optimising value and synergies derived from the Bardoc Gold assets.
To be successful in the role, it is envisaged that you will have prior experience in the management of comparably complex mine operations, inclusive of underground production. Your leadership style will be punctuated by high levels of energy, strong communication, and the ability to inspire and mobilise large work groups towards common goals. Relevant tertiary Qualifications, most likely within a technical discipline (Mining, Metallurgy or similar) are regarded as pre-requisite. Whilst prior General Manager experience is preferred, high performers seeking the next step in their career are encouraged to apply.
As the leader of the company's cornerstone asset, this position is regarded as mission critical to the future success of the company and will have prominence amongst the group's executive and the Board.
Please apply via the 'Apply for position' button. For initial enquiries or for any assistance you may need in making your application please contact Gail Triston on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0409 374 720.