FORUM

MNN's most popular stories of 2022

THE 25 best-read articles of the year on <i>MiningNews.net</i>.

Staff reporter
MNN's most popular stories of 2022

This list excludes Dryblower. His top columns of the year can be found here.

1. WA's newest iron ore mine already ceasing production, Haydn Black, August 25

2. Another one bites the dust as iron ore mine axed - again, Haydn Black, November 1

3. Mining sector mourns two losses in one day, Kristie Batten, March 11

4. With Twiggy folding, does BHP take a closer look at Western Areas? Michael Quinn, February 18

5. Wiluna collapses into administration, Haydn Black, July 21

6. FMG continues throwing down the gauntlet to BHP, Rio, Michael Quinn, September 20

7. Gold miner scrambling to avoid another collapse, Haydn Black, November 8

8. 'World doesn't seem to get it': Glencore boss on copper, Paul Harris, December 7

9. BHP forgets to mention its 'take-off' case for copper in spurned OZ tilt, Barry FitzGerald, August 10

10. Copper screamer validates BHP's investment, Kristie Batten, May 25

11. Newcrest suspends Brucejack after 'critical incident', Kristie Batten, October 24

12. Vale Peter Bradford, Staff reporter, October 16

13. Newcrest confirms fatality at Brucejack, Kristie Batten, October 28

14. BHP makes $100M investment in developer, Kristie Batten and Steven Swindells, March 1

15. Kalgoorlie discovery a highlight of Northern Star's recent exploration, Kristie Batten, November 15

16. Pilbara in money printing mode while Brinsden heads to Canada, Barry FitzGerald, August 24

17. South32 scraps major project, Kristie Batten, August 23

18. Hancock signs deal over iron ore project, Kristie Batten, January 6

19. Newcrest enters another region in hunt for next discovery, Kristie Batten, October 21

20. The end of the golden weather for iron ore?, Robin Bromby, August 18

21. Another WA mine death reported, Kristie Batten, October 13

22.  Miners call for plan after McGowan's 'unexpected' border backflip, Kristie Batten, January 21

23. Newcrest gets first strike, Kristie Batten, November 9

24. Acquisition opportunity in copper opens up for BHP and Rio, Barry FitzGerald, July 13

25. FFI worth billions but don't take your eye off iron ore: Forrest, Kristie Batte, August 30

A growing series of reports, each focused on a key discussion point for the mining sector, brought to you by the Mining News Intelligence team.

A growing series of reports, each focused on a key discussion point for the mining sector, brought to you by the Mining News Intelligence team.

editions

MiningNews.net Research Report 2024

Access a multi-pronged tool to identify critical risks and opportunities in Australia’s mining industry.

editions

Mining Journal Intelligence Investor Sentiment Report 2024

Survey revealing the plans, priorities, and preferences of 120+ mining investors and their expectations for the sector in 2024.

editions

Mining Journal Intelligence Mining Equities Report 2023

Access an exclusive, inside look on the quarterly mining IPOs and secondary raisings data and mining equities performance tables with an annual Stock Exchange Comparisons supplement.

editions

Mining Journal Intelligence World Risk Report 2023 (feat. MineHutte ratings)

A detailed analysis of mining investment risks across 121 jurisdictions globally, built on 11 ‘hard risk’ metrics and an industrywide survey.