Our client is a listed, multi commodity metals producer with an excellent reputation and superb prospects moving forward. On their behalf we seek to appoint an experienced and well regarded resource industry leader into their Technical Services team.
As Group Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible for all Geotechnical issues across a number of mining operations throughout Australia.
Reporting to the GM - Technical Services, your specific duties will include:
- Provide support and assistance to sites to ensure all mining operations are carried out safely and effectively from a geotechnical perspective and relevant mining regulations are complied with.
- Carry out Geotechnical evaluations and proposals across all sites
- Build effect communications and networks with the mine sites
- Provide high level Geotechnical expertise and advice throughout
- Undertake regular reviews and update Ground Control Management Plans (GCMP) for all sites
- Provide support, guidance and mentor site based Geotechnical Engineers.
To be successful in this appointment we anticipate in candidates;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or Geology.
- 15 years + successful track record in the industry with extensive Geotechnical exposure
- Previous experience gained working across multi-sites, ideally in a Group technical role or consulting background
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Exposure to both underground and open pit mining methods
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and geotechnical expertise
- Ability to travel extensively across all sites.
This opportunity presents as an attractive one with plenty of accompanying rewards & incentives for the successful candidate. Confidential inquires should be directed to Rob Smith via firstname.lastname@example.org with Group Geotechnical Engineer in the subject header. All expressions of interest will be responded to.