We’re seeking expressions of interest from individuals who are searching for engagement into a GM position. We are presently representing a client who is looking for a stand out candidate at this level.
The GM – Operations will have the lead role in effectively managing the team to maximise stakeholder value while maintaining the highest levels of safety and stewardship of the environment.
Specific goals will include:
- Leading a highly motivated and capable team across the operation
- Maintaining a strong leadership stance towards safe work practices throughout
- Managing all operating plans and budgets
- Instituting cultures of best practice, organisational effectiveness and staff performance
- Effective cost management across all functional areas
To be successful we anticipate in candidates;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Post graduate business qualifications will be highly regarded
- 15 years + successful track record in mining operations inclusive of OP & UG
- Proven technical and leadership success in operations.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of mentoring and coaching members of your team; and
- A proven ability to develop and execute budgets, organisational strategies and initiate and implement operational efficiencies