Protean's Korean vanadium being tested and growing

PROTEAN Energy has estimated an interim vanadium resource in South Korea and is now undertaking processing testwork that could confirm a beneficiation process that it claims could increase the grade by a minimum of 300%.

Protean's Korean vanadium being tested and growing Protean's Korean vanadium being tested and growing Protean's Korean vanadium being tested and growing Protean's Korean vanadium being tested and growing Protean's Korean vanadium being tested and growing

An indicated resource of 3.4 million tonnes grading 0.35% V2O5 and 150ppm U3O8 has been estimated, with a further 33.7Mt in the inferred category.

The resource is from 40% of the known mineralisation at the Daejon deposit, with assaying targeting the other 60% expected to be completed imminently.

According to Protean, the shale hosted Daejon deposit is similar in nature to the neighbouring Chinese ‘stone coal' deposits that display grades ranging from 0.13-1% V2O5 and "represent approximately 47% of the world vanadium production in 2017 … (including being) the world's primary source for high purity V2O5 electrolyte used in electricity storage applications".

With Chinese stone coal deposits reportedly amenable to beneficiation processes including s...

topics

loader