• Well-funded ASX listed gold explorer
• Fertile, belt scale tenure in the prolific Arabian-Nubian Shield
• Robust exploration budget
MPi are pleased to have partnered with a well-funded ASX listed gold explorer, seeking to make world class multi-million-ounce discoveries within their highly prospective tenure located in the prolific Arabian-Nubian Shield in Southern Ethiopia. With their main assets along strike from existing million-ounce mines, this offers the genuine opportunity for a suitably talented Exploration Manager to make gold discoveries of tier one scale.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and board, this in-country role will be responsible for leading and driving exploration success and resource development, and managing in-country representation of the company.
As a critical part of the leadership team, you will be joining an executive team with deep country links and proven discovery experience in Ethiopia and surrounding African countries. As such, they have already assembled a known and proven team of capable exploration and office staff in country.
Reporting directly to the board, you will have responsibility for managing systematic exploration activities, and leading the local team to discovery and resource/reserve development. With multiple walk up targets in this geologically fertile terrane, they are drill ready with every bit of support given to ensure your success.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and generating exploration targets
- Providing boots on the ground leadership and management of drilling programs and contractors
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in the safest and most cost effective manner
- Training and mentoring of local exploration team members
- Community liaison and in country company representation at both a community and governmental level
- Presentations to the board and attendance at various mining and investment conferences.
The successful individual will have previous experience in leading exploration activities in an expatriate environment, ideally somewhere in Africa.
Key requirements include:
- 8 years+ experience with a proven background working in expatriate environments
- Willingness to reside in-country, or complete expatriate style rosters
- Prior exploration experience within different types of gold mineralisation styles
- Strong mentoring and leadership abilities
- Demonstratable excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable you to communicate fluently with a wide range of people.
With a clear pathway for major gold discoveries, a highly attractive remuneration package, including base salary, STI/LTI's, immediate options and incentives providing considerable leverage to exploration success will be negotiated. Relocation assistance will be provided. Schooling & health insurance assistance will also be considered.
To apply please click here - https://www.miningpeople.com.au/job/details/91976/Exploration-Manager/JO-2011-83488-SD