Red 5 Limited (ASX: RED) is an Australian Gold producer with a major new Australian Gold mine coming into production in the next 9-12 months. The 4.1Moz "King of the Hills" Gold Project is under construction for A$226m, with first gold expected in the June Quarter 2022. This project is located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, 100kms from Red 5's existing Darlot Gold mine which is producing ~70-80kozpa.
Red 5 Limited is now seeking a high calibre and experienced Group Financial Controller to lead the Finance team and all functions to support the growth of the business. Reporting to the CFO the Group Financial Controller provides technical and commercial expertise in the preparation of financial and management reports, accounting policies, budget and cash flow forecast and internal control policies for the Group.
About the Role
As a key member of the group and with key accountabilities centred on the provision of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, you will be required to fulfil all statutory accounting and tax responsibilities as well as manage the Finance team playing a pivotal role to our success. With the expansion at King of the Hill this role will establish the required systems for the KOTH project whilst optimising and improving visibility and education of financial information across the business so that all financial reporting adds real value.
Responsible for managing all finance and accounting functions, including:
- Day-to-day management of the finance department staff and mine accountants based at site
- Preparation of quarterly, half-year and annual financial reports and liaison with auditors
- Preparation of the accounting treatment and various other papers for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee
- Working closely with the CFO, COO and MD to ensure process improvement and efficiencies are achieved.
- Responsible for preparation of consolidated annual budget in coordination with operations personnel.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the ERP system and financial reporting systems and processes
- Ensure cost centre owners are supported with the right tools and analysis to drive cost reduction and efficiencies across the business
- Manage the $175M project financing Syndicated Facility Agreement (SFA) related to the King of the Hill development project.
You will be CA or CPA qualified and able to draw on experience in a commercial environment. Moreover, the ideal candidate will be an independent and experienced accounting professional who will be able to work with minimal supervision. Attitude and approach will be key to match the culture of a respectful and people focussed organisation.
Red 5 Limited employees benefit from a culture that supports a safe, modern and secure working environment, favourable working conditions, career advancement opportunities, competitive salary packages and the autonomy and responsibility to achieve individual, project and organisational goals.
With a life mine expected to exceed 16 years and annual production above 200kozpa, King of the Hill is Australia's next major gold mine featuring state-of-the-art technology and brand-new camp facilities. If you are seeking a rewarding career within the Underground/Mining industry, there is no better time to secure your future and come onboard with Red 5 Limited.
How to register your interest:
Please apply via the link with your current resume and head to our website www.red5ltd.com to check out all our amazing opportunities.
We politely request that applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.