JOHNEX explosives offer a full range of commercial explosives and accessories to suit all types of blasting. Through our Australia wide manufacturing and storage facilities, we service our customers with our own fleet of transfer and delivery vehicles. JOHNEX explosives have become recognised as Australia's leading innovator in high-tech explosive technology with improved safety and user-friendly cost-effective products.
The position of Technical Support Manager is an executive role in the Senior Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Managing Director. The position is offered on a Full-Time Fixed Term basis and will be located at JOHNEX's Head Office in Belmont, WA.
The primary functions of the role will be but not limited to effectively managing the Technical Support Team to achieve the overall company strategy.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Sound organisational skills with an ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong computer skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Apply discretion and confidentiality as required
To be shortlisted for the position you are required to have:
- Mining Engineers Degree or equivalent mining qualification (Mine Managers / Quarry Managers certification)
- 5yrs or more experience in both surface and underground mining and explosives industries
- Drill and blast experience
- Federal Police Clearance
- Ability to pass mine site medical assessment for fitness
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing key strategic relationships across the mining industry through the facilitation of product application and training support
- Lead a team in providing support to the commercial and operational teams with respect to technical expertise, tenders, customer visits, site establishment, MPU design, research and development projects
- Effectively managing the Safety and Quality Management System
- Facilitate product application / equipment training with JOHNEX clients, either ad-hoc or through formal customer training / mentoring programs
- Work with the JOHNEX sales team by providing technical information as required, during coordinated onsite visits or when liaising with new client representatives
- Presenting quarterly Drill and Blast KPI reviews to JOHNEX clients
- Ability to design blasts and interpret blast plans
- Regularly touch base with new and existing clients through face-to-face meetings, mine site visits and or over the phone
- Troubleshoot product, customer usage and equipment problems either direct with the client or through the technical support team
- Lead company (R&D) research and development projects
If you have the necessary skillset and wish to join a vibrant team that is driven by our PICT core values of Professionalism, Innovation, having a Can-do Attitude and being Trustworthy we would like to hear from you!