Weir Minerals is a global leader in supplying total solutions for minerals processing. We are market leaders in providing trusted technology and unrivalled service to enhance our customers' operations in more than 70 countries across the globe.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced and motivated Electrical Supervisor to provide support to the Manufacturing Facilities Team in our Artarmon (Sydney )manufacturing facility.
The primary objective in this role is to provide technical support to the Artarmon facility enabling them to effectively and efficiently manufacture product and provide service to the WMA Customer base.
The key responsibilities of this role will include (but not limited to)
- Performing planned preventative maintenance to equipment and the facilities
- Provide support to the Manufacturing Maintenance Team through the application of technical knowledge and skills
- Maintenance of site HV (high voltage) Assets to best practice and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the development of the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) and its application for plant and process improvement
- Assist in the creation of the site critical spares register
- Develop and implement safe systems of work for tasks completed by the electrical maintenance team
- Ensure and support continuous improvement in all areas of manufacturing and production
- Ensure that staff are managed in the facility in accordance with company police and procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Hold a Trade Qualification - Electrical (licensed Electrician, and contractors and supervisors license * essential
- Advanced logical troubleshooting, including PLC, maintenance/repair of electrical equipment and design of new equipment installations *essential
- Electric induction furnaces -knowledge of and maintenance experience and the ability to teach others *essential
- Be capable of PLC programming and development of function specs *essential
- HV Operator qual / LV rescue qual * essential
- High risk EWP / Confined spaces and LF *essential
- Experience in heavy industry /manufacturing *desirable
- A committed and proactive attitude towards SHE
- Company bus that picks up you from the St Leonards train station
- Corporate health benefits
- Additional superannuation contribution
- Relocation would be considered for the right applicant
Weir Minerals Australia is a dynamic and growing organisation, so in return for your commitment to us, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package including exposure to industry leaders and best practice.
Safety is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to achieving a zero-harm environment for our people and expect all Weir employees to behave according to our high safety standards at all times.
To view the full details for the role and to apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and a drug & alcohol screen.