Weir Minerals is a global leader in supplying total solutions for minerals processing. We are market leaders in providing trusted technology and unrivalled service to enhance our customers' operations in more than 70 countries across the globe.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced and motivated Maintenance Manager to lead our highly skilled Maintenance team at our Artarmon (Sydney) manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for maintaining the production performance of the manufacturing facility, commissioning of new equipment, infrastructure, repairs & modifications to tooling plus the fabrication & supply of consumable components.
With an emphasis on safety, quality, labour costs and efficiency improvements this position will also be responsible for engaging the team at all levels, to ensure that systems and productivity standards are achieved and to put longer term strategic growth plans in place.
The key responsibilities of this role will include (but not limited to)
- Support all system requirements in relation to the ISO 9001 & 14001 quality & environmental systems, and any other system in place
- All aspects of equipment and facilities maintenance for shops and departments within operations and for all areas of the Artarmon facility
- Development & implementation of a computerised maintenance management system(E-MAINT)
- Leadership to all areas of the manufacturing and operations facility in engineering and maintenance practices
- Responsible for the expenditure within the Facilities department and for the monitoring and control of the site repairs and maintenance expenditure
- Provide engineering policy and advice for all aspects of the Artarmon site and associated departments
- Develop and manage site maintenance systems in support of production requirements and lean initiatives taking in to account job hours & stock control
- Achieve continuous improvement of customer service function through contribution to analysis of service failures, improvement of quotation systems and recommendations for procedures in respect of improved customer service
- Manage plant facilities through planning of maintenance, inventory controls, and designation of operating hours and supply of parts, tools and raw materials
- Research into new improved production methods and products, through the use of lean WPS and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead the development of the Facilities department safety/environment goals, targets, objectives and communicate to direct reports and external stakeholders
- Liaise with manufacturing management as required to ensure production & equipment maintenance plans meet business needs
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- 10 years related exp in manufacturing excellence/continuous improvements/transformations
- 10 years exp in maintenance operational planning /scheduling
- Leadership experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing manufacturing engineering tasks
- A proven track record in developing & implementing a computerized maintenance management system and leading a maintenance function and delivery of major projects
- Experience in managing all aspects of P&L and budgets
- Have strong maintenance skills - Mechanical & Electrical technical knowledge and people management skill set
- Be a transformable/change manager with the ability to challenge/remove roadblocks & drive accountability
- Have a high level of safety focus - knows safety best practice (statutory and heavy industry) or even better has implemented it
- Needs a strong external network of contractors, suppliers, and fixers *Desirable
- Company bus that picks up you from the St Leonards train station
- Corporate health benefits
- Additional superannuation contribution
- Relocation would be considered for the right applicant
Weir Minerals Australia is a dynamic and growing organisation, so in return for your commitment to us, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package including exposure to industry leaders and best practice.
Safety is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to achieving a zero-harm environment for our people and expect all Weir employees to behave according to our high safety standards at all times.
To view the full details for the role and to apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and a drug & alcohol screen.