- Exceptional Career Advancement Opportunity
- Progressive Company
- Residential - South East Asia
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a key Management role on site with responsibility for a large workforce of approximately 500 National and expatriates across mining production and mine training as well as TSF construction. Whilst the operation is established, there is definite scope for a talented leader to identify and drive efficiency improvements to meet increasing milling throughput and blending requirements.
Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the National workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see the mining team grow and develop under your direction and guidance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of open pit mining production and mining services to best practice standards and in line with short, medium and long term mining plans.
- Establishing effective management, KPI's and performance measuring methods to ensure production targets are met.
- Providing leadership in Health, Safety and training systems.
- Actively promoting training, career development and advancement of staff, underpinned by an effective competency-based system.
- Building and maintaining effective cross-discipline relationships.
- Providing guidance, mentoring and training to subordinates.
- Developing annual department plans and longer term strategies.
- Monthly reporting, planning, documentation and data management.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Degree qualifications in Mining Engineering highly desirable.
- Significant background in open cut, metalliferous mining operations with an owner miner fleet.
- Recent experience as a Mining Manager or considerable experience at Superintendent level.
- Exposure to technically challenging operations - e.g. heavy rainfall, variable ore bodies, geotechnical ground conditions.
- Previous expatriate experience with demonstrated success in developing a National workforce.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding leadership ability.
- Strong continuous improvement and strategic focus.
- High levels of energy, commitment and tenacity.
- Unwavering commitment to safety.
Confidential expressions of interest should be directed to email@example.com citing Reference "8110 - Mining Manager" in the subject header.