About the company
Gold Road Resources is a well-funded, highly successful and dynamic ASX200 mid-tier gold production and exploration company who thrives on Unlocking Potential in all aspects of our organisation.
Gold Road discovered Australia's newest Tier 1 gold mine, Gruyere, in 2013 and are proud to have reached commercial production with our Joint Venture partner Gold Fields Australia, in 2019, only 6 years from the discovery of Gruyere. We are now focussed on discovering new world-class gold deposits in support of our growth ambitions.
Due to this continued growth, we are creating a technical hub of geological excellence, with a focus on the integration of geological disciplines, superior data analysis and innovative interpretation to Unlock World Class gold assets.
- Do you want to work for the company who discovered the 6 million ounce Gruyere Gold Mine and fully believe in making further World-Class discoveries to add to value created by Gruyere?
- Can you champion the drive to geological excellence by utilising your proven industry experience, skills and knowledge?
- Do you see yourself leading, coaching and mentoring an inspired and successful team of technical experts to further achievement through an inclusive, collaborative and innovative culture?
About the role
Gold Road are looking for an innovative, inspirational and team-focussed Chief Geologist to lead the West Perth based hub of Geological excellence. Reporting to the Executive Director - Discovery & Growth, the Chief Geologist will be responsible for the strategic management and development, oversight, and quality control of the technical Discovery function within Gold Road.
This role is offered on a permanent basis in our West Perth based office, with travel to site and other locations as required.
- Provision of technical oversight, review and assessment of the quality of geological and discovery performance within Gold Road ensuring Discovery focus is always on highest-ranking and best quality portfolio projects
- Contribute to the identification and prioritisation of effective exploration, drilling, resource and reserve modelling programmes to ensure they meet Company strategic requirements
- Drive the Project Generation activities to identify prospective districts and regions of interest which enable Gold Road to establish new frontier regional-scale Greenfields Discovery Projects capable of delivering multi-million-ounce Gold discoveries
- Coordinate geological input into due diligence for all Business Development and Corporate Development opportunities allowing corporate strategic decision making and assessment
- Initiate, develop and manage internal Innovation Projects to improve exploration efficiencies and effectiveness to increase likelihood of gold discovery success
- Initiate, develop and manage external collaborative applied Geological Research projects to increase the Company understanding of mineral systems theory, ore-forming processes and the physical signatures (eg geophysical, geochemical, mineralogical etc) of gold ore deposits, with the application of that knowledge used in the targeting of new gold discoveries
- Provide leadership and oversight to the management of Geological Data Systems with the vision of developing an industry-leading system allowing seamless flow of data from capture to end-user enabling best quality geological interpretations leading to Discovery success.
- Manage the development and delivery of predictive analytical models to aid the early and rapid assessment of regional prospectivity in existing and potential new Discovery Project areas
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in exploration, mining and development projects with exposure to a wide range of geological and geophysical exploration techniques
- Extensive industry experience in multiple styles of Gold Mineral Systems
- Demonstrated history of Discovery success with evidence of significant association with major Gold discoveries
- Proven industry association with and management of collaborative research projects in the mineral sector
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people both internal and external
What we offer you
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a mid-tier gold producer and explorer with a track record for achieving results.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit based on passion, collaboration and innovation and we take pride in our accomplishments;
- We embrace diversity and inclusion and are open to new ideas and innovative thinking in our working environment.
To register your interest in this position, please apply online. Recruitment for this role will close by Friday 29th November, however we do reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings earlier.
This opportunity is currently only open to candidates working within Australia and who have proven Australian Work Rights.