Our client is an emerging mining house with a considerable portfolio of quality assets that sit in a pipeline at all stages of development from exploration through to production. They are focussed on the expansion of their mining operations through exploration and development of a large regional land holding.
They currently have a requirement for an experienced Mining Manager to take the reins and play an integral role within the site management team to safely, productively and cost efficiently lead the Mining Department to meet budget targets and successfully integrate improvement strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff involved in Mining operations in compliance with company standards.
- Ensuring that underground mining operational capability and performance is maintained through appropriate selection of personnel; setting of clear accountabilities for all team members; effective performance management; development and training of personnel.
- Ensuring underground mining team members receive the coaching required to support their respective accountabilities.
- Supporting the General Manager in the development and implementation of an annual plan and budget for underground mining operations.
- Defining performance indicators for the underground mining contractor, in line with the annual plan; monitoring and managing performance accordingly.
- Ensuring that monthly expenditure on labour, production consumables and services is in line with the operating budget.
Having worked in a similar role previously, you will have proven success in improving operational outcomes and performance. You will also possess financial literacy and general business management capabilities and have well established leadership skills with the ability to develop, coach and mentor teams.
Degree qualified in Mining Engineering and in possession of a First Class Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency, you will demonstrate an exceptional understanding of Australian underground mining practices. Sound communication and interpersonal skills is also a key ingredient together with a strong commitment to achieving safety standards.
In return, you will have the opportunity to join a highly regarded management team within a successful business. With an accompanying competitive remuneration package and a challenging and exciting working environment, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Located in Perth, WA however the successful candidate may choose to FIFO anywhere from within Australia.