Our client is a respected and regionally dominant gold producer, managing a portfolio of gold mines in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. The ongoing expansion of of the business has led to the company requiring an experienced Long Term Planning Superintendent.
Reporting to the Mining Manager and with support of competent experienced professionals and employees, you will to produce documentation to manage the long term production profile of the business. This is a 12 month contract initially, with the opportunity for extension.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Reviewing of resource models produced by the Geology and Exploration teams
- Production of pit optimisations based on business costs for mining, processing and other overheads
- Production of Mine Reserve documentation in line with Indonesian and or other international recognised standards
- Reviewing pit wall geotechnical recommendations in line with identifying the minable portions of the Resource model and ensure long term plans are based on sound geotechnical assumptions
- Production of mine schedules for use in budgeting, reforecasting and business plans
You will be required to demonstrate:
- Ownership for decisions and results of work
- Honesty, fairness and the highest ethical standards
- Generation or facilitation of new ideas, methods or solutions
- Partnership working
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Exceptional decision making skills
- Team development skills, encouraging collaboration
- Commitment to ongoing safety
Experience and Knowledge:
- Competent in Mine design packages
- Extensive experience in gold mining in a narrow vein and preferably open pit environment.
- First class mine managers ticket is advantageous
- Can demonstrate sound knowledge of mine cost budgets from both an operational and capital cost perspective.
- Must have a good knowledge of mine scheduling software and be able to produce documentation and presentation.
- Be able to produce life of mine plan (LOMP) updates following the biannual review of exploration and resource model updates.
- A degree in Mine Engineering from a recognised university
In return, a competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate, together with the opportunity to join this company at an exciting time.
Please apply online at www.beilby.com.au quoting reference 44673. For initial enquiries or for any assistance you may need in making your application please call Emily Bulloch or Nick Verkerk on 08 9323 8825.