- Residential Expatriate Position
- Base Metals, Au Focus
- Excellent Growth Prospects
The General Manager Geology (GM - Geology) will lead and drive the company's exploration and mineral resource development function, and be responsible for the development, management and implementation of the Company's geological growth strategies including near mine and regional exploration geological programs. The priority is to manage and develop the Company's portfolio of programs and to identify new Mineral Resource growth opportunities. The GM Geology will be a member of the Executive Team and be responsible for technical excellence and assurance of the Company's mineral resources and ore reserves including definition, estimation, reporting, grade control, production, reconciliation and reliability.
- Propose, develop and implement the Company's geological growth strategies, objectives and budgets
- Ensure HSEC performance is compliant to Company's policy's and standards
- Ensure that exploration activities support the business' social licence to operate
- Work collaboratively with the executive management team, ensuring effective alignment, co-ordination and integration of strategies, programs and deliverables
- Develop and implement exploration and near mine mineral resource development work programs for current tenement and contract areas
- Develop project priorities and identify exploration opportunities consistent with the corporate strategic plan.
- Apply best practice mineral exploration discovery and development processes and techniques for best use of Company funds and mineral discovery success in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain appropriate standards, work processes and procedures across all geology functions
- Be accountable for the quality control and quality assurance of field programs
- Initiate and provide appropriate progress reports on field programs
- Develop and maintain appropriate stage gates for advancing exploration projects
- Identify, research, review and evaluate potential minerals projects elsewhere in the region consistent with the corporate exploration plan and assist in negotiations for the acquisition of such properties.
- Promote effective communication and relations with governments and local communities.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Geology professionals who possess a minimum 20 years experience in exploration and mining environments across Mine Geology, Exploration & Project Evaluation
- Multiple jurisdiction mineral exploration experience
- A proven track record of directing and developing exploration, mining and advanced projects;
- A proven performer and leader at the Executive Senior Management level
- Cu and Au system experience will be highly regarded as will a demonstrated ability to assess and evaluate mineralisation target opportunities along with the ability to effectively report and communicate the plan
You will be a dynamic team member and leader who has an open communication style, shares information and contributes to a high performing work environment both within and outside the geology and exploration group
Possess conceptual and analytical skills to identify strategies and translate into appropriate action plans
Be results oriented, energetic and decisive
This is an exceptional opportunity and we encourage high quality candidates to express an interest in confidence to email@example.com citing reference "1784 - GM Geology" in the subject header.