Our client King Island Scheelite Limited is engaged in the development of the Dolphin Tungsten Project on King Island, Tasmania. The project comprises an open cut mine, a new processing plant and service facilities including power, water and shipping. King Island Scheelite is poised to become a major supplier of industry critical tungsten concentrate. This position offers considerable project breadth and operations management responsibility, reporting to and working with an experienced and successful Board held in high-regard in the resources industry.
Location: King Island from mid-2019
The General Manager - Project Development & Operations is accountable for planning, delivery and ongoing operations of the Dolphin project. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the project plan to achieve agreed strategic, capital, operational and financial objectives;
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements;
- Preparation of tender specification packages;
- Development and control of capital and operating budgets;
- Evaluation and commercial negotiation of the Construction Contract along with the appointment of the Mining / Processing Contractor;
- Monitoring and controlling Contractors' progress including scope, time, cost, quality, safety and environmental criteria;
- Accurate and timely project and financial reporting.
The role of General Manager - Project Development & Operations requires successful experience in the delivery and operations of substantial projects including mining and minerals processing plant. Advanced project management skills will be complemented by a mining and/or processing background and a sound commercial orientation. Formal tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines are essential. Personal qualities of commitment, energy and drive together with highly effective leadership skills are prerequisites.
The position presents a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the further development and success of an organisation of strategic importance. A competitive remuneration package is offered to attract first class candidates.
Persons interested in exploring this challenging role are invited to forward details of experience and qualifications to John Ferris, BA (Hons), MAPS, FAICD, Psychologist, via: firstname.lastname@example.org