Ref No. LF0489
The Ulan Complex is one of the most established coal mining operations in the western coalfields of NSW. The Complex consists of two approved underground mining operations (Ulan Underground and Ulan West) both with an expected life of mine in excess of 10 years, as well as a Surface Operation. Located near the beautiful country town of Mudgee, the Complex offers a drive in, drive out lifestyle.
We are seeking motivated and energetic Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to work with our maintenance and production teams to maintain and improve our maintenance standards and equipment availabilities.
Your role will involve reviewing, developing and implementing best practices across the mine, with a particular focus on conveyor, longwall, development and FCT equipment. You will proactively monitor compliance to site engineering, maintenance and contractor management standards, implement and verify operational plans and work schedules to ensure the delivery of planned production and maintenance targets. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in managing capital and operating projects
- Assisting the maintenance team in engineering assignments as well as implementing safety, reliability and cost improvements
- Reviewing and updating the engineering drawing register
- Working towards your mechanical or electrical engineering certificate of competence
- Assisting in the coordination, supervision and verification of production and maintenance activities in all areas of the mine.
With relevant qualifications in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, you will have experience in maintenance practices in an underground longwall coal operation. A ‘can-do' attitude and demonstrated ability to apply risk management principles to ensure safe work practices will make you a standout.
For further information please contact: Lara Martin 02 6370 9209
Applications close: 8 April 2018