- Greenfields Au Projects
- IPO Opportunity
- In-country Based; FIFO Considered
A private mining company with a diverse portfolio of gold projects across Mongolia precincts currently seeks an Exploration Manager. The company's portfolio currently includes a small, expanding high-grade gold operation and greenfields exploration projects.
Reporting to the CEO, in this newly created role, you will be responsible for successful leadership of the exploration function, reporting and business development. Key accountabilities will include:
- Identification and evaluation of new project opportunities (business development).
- Contractor management & oversight to ensure successful exploration outcomes for both near-mine and regional projects.
- Structural interpretation, geological modelling, reporting and compliance.
- Managing the exploration budget
- Ensuring HSEC compliance and stakeholder management.
- Liaising with bankers, financiers & shareholders.
Ideally you will reside in-country (FIFO may be considered) in Ulaanbaatar with ad hoc travel as required. An attractive remuneration package comprising of net USD salary and attractive equity incentives are provided. This is a unique opportunity to lead exploration & discovery for an emerging gold company as it expands and seeks to undertake an IPO.
As the ideal candidate, you will be tertiary qualified in geology with a successful track record in exploration management for near-mine and regional gold projects. You will have demonstrated proficiencies in project generation & project evaluation and resource modelling, preferably utilising Datamine. Your experience will demonstrate your ability to successfully manage exploration in challenging jurisdictions; Central Asian or Mongolia will be highly regarded.
Manage exploration and growth for a rapidly expanding gold miner in Mongolia.