The state has been dealing with an outbreak of COVID-19 involving a more contagious strain thought to have originated in the UK.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk floated the idea this morning.
"We are going to look at all options and one of those options is to look at some of the mining camps that we have in Queensland," the ABC quoted her as saying.
"Now, for a start, some of these mining camps are four-star.
"My understanding is most of them, the ones we're looking at, have balconies so there's a lot of fresh air for guests and also, too, there's the capacity for all of the staff and the cleaners and everyone to also be based on those sites as well.
"I think this is a rational option and if we are dealing with a strain which is up to 70% more infectious, I think we need to be really serious about it."
The proposal is set to be discussed at next Friday's meeting of the National Cabinet.
The Queensland Resources Council said it would work with Queensland's chief health officer, government and its members to provide feedback on the idea.
"The resources industry will co-operate and assist where requested," QRC chief executive Ian Macfarlane said.
"Keeping our workers and the Queensland community safe, particularly in regional areas, will continue to be our priority.
"We will work closely with the government to provide input into any decisions that impact on our workforce and the communities in which we operate."
Greater Brisbane went into lockdown last week for 72 hours to prevent the further spread of the virus.
While mining is considered an essential industry, on the QRC's recommendation, the state's resources companies put a three-day gold on regional travel from Brisbane, unless essential.
Most companies are voluntarily limiting non-essential fly-in, fly-out travel until January 22.
"Our diligence has meant the resources sector has been able to continue to operate and earn for Queensland," Macfarlane said.