|Thursday, 6 September 2012|
Doray Minerals Limited (ASX: DRM) listed on the ASX in February 2010 and was one of Australia's best performing IPOs that year based on results from the high-grade Andy Well gold project in Western Australia.
Since announcing a maiden high-grade JORC-compliant gold resource for the Wilber Lode in February 2011, Doray has continued to grow the resource, including a 90% increase in December 2011. Another milestone was achieved in June 2012, with the Company announcing its maiden high-grade gold mining reserve for the Andy Well Gold Project.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for all underground mining activities, to ensure the safe and efficient achievement of mine production targets.
- Minimum - Mining Engineering BSc
- First Class Western Australian Mine Manager’s certificate (or equivalent)
- Five to ten years appropriate underground mine experience to include narrow vein mining
- Preferably familiar with narrow vein gold deposits and mining techniques
- In depth use of Surpac software
- Ability to act temporarily (with others) as Operations Manager when the incumbent is absent from site
- Successfully supervise and achieve targets for all planning and scheduling functions underground
- Lead and interact with other professionals working underground to ensure a safe and efficient operation
- Encourage and monitor the use of safe work practises and adherence to safe working procedures by all mine staff
- Provide technical assistance and advice to other senior site staff when required or requested
- Strive to instil a culture of best practice amongst all personnel working underground
- Report to Company executive staff as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A sound understanding of underground mine functions, as applicable to a narrow vein, underground gold mine
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams
- Sound understanding of geotechnical underground stress regimes and its potential effect on ground movements
- Sound understanding of drill and blast techniques used in narrow vein mining
This is a permanent full-time role, site-based FIFO from Perth.
Salary package will be commensurate with qualifications.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply in Writing to the Hr Coordinator, email@example.com
(08) 9226 0600
Click here to read the rest of today's news stories.