|Monday, 28 May 2012|
CBH Resources Limited is a significant producer of silver, lead and zinc in Australia. The company operates the Endeavor Mine at Cobar and has developed the Rasp Mine at Broken Hill in NSW.
This role will provide an ideal opportunity for a highly experienced Exploration Geologist to be part of an aggressive exploration program currently being undertaken at the Endeavor Mine situated in Central NSW and in the Cobar region. The position is based at the Endeavor Mine in Cobar.
Reporting to the Group Manager Geology you will lead a small team of geologists and assistants and your responsibilities will include:
- Strong focus on and adherence to safety, health and environmental standards
- Planning and supervision of exploration activities, i.e. in-mine, near-mine and regional exploration projects including;
- Design, logistical support and supervision of drilling programs and geophysical surveys
- Logging of diamond core and RC chips
- Field mapping and geochemical sample collection
- Data collation, interpretation and reporting
- Assisting in generating new exploration targets
The successful applicant will have:
- BSc in Geology, equivalent or higher degree
- 8 to 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Exposure to base metal exploration
- Strong technical skills and work ethic
- Experienced in required exploration techniques, e.g.
- RC and diamond drilling
- Field mapping and geochemical sampling
- Experience with exploration program proposals, budgets, schedules and program permitting
- Excellent computer skills including ArcGIS; Maptek-Vulcan skills desirable
- Team-leader capabilities
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- A desire to ensure the site complies with Australian safety and engineering standards
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will apply.
Residential in Cobar is preferred; 8/6 roster FIFO ex Sydney is an option.
Cobar Shire is a well-established community of over 5500 people with high standard infrastructure, a variety of modern, well-equipped educational, health, sporting, leisure and cultural facilities and an active community network.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by
Friday, June 9, 2012.
Click here to read the rest of today's news stories.