|Tuesday, 8 May 2012|
- Leading WA based Mining Service Company
- Senior Autonomous Role
- Negotiable Package
Western Plant Hire (WPH) is a leading Western Australian based mining services company, originally established in 2000 to provide dry hire of heavy earthmoving equipment to the mining industry. In more recent times it has developed its Project Services division. This division provides whole equipment solutions including personnel for major clients. The services range from bulk haulage, crushing and screening to minor civil maintenance. WPH has a reputation for innovation and their focus on achieving excellence in the field of works has led to the company being recognised as a proven leader in the industry.
On WPH’s behalf we are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced Mining Engineers for the role of General Manager Operations. This role reports to the CEO with the primary focus to provide leadership and management to the Project Services division, which has a high exposure to Crushing/Screening, with overall P&L responsibility. WPH is an employer of choice, creating a culture rather than a workplace, where all employees are given opportunities to grow within the business to develop a career not just a job.
The key criteria are:
- A minimum of five years managing multiple mining projects or civil construction projects, and come from a background of “hands on” project management.
- High exposure to troubleshooting and business/project continual improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and manage clients with confidence.
- Focus on all projects KPIs which include Safety, Indigenous Involvement, Production, Maintenance and Plant Reliability and Human Resources.
- Responsible for daily and monthly project reporting for all projects.
- Member of Perth Based Executive team (Naval Base).
- Travel to projects as required ensuring successful project outcomes.
- Ability to complete and review tenders.
- Focus on customer Turnkey business solutions.
- Exposure to crushing and screening desirable.
- A Tertiary qualification in mining or civil construction will be well regarded, but a strong focus on “hands on” management is essential.
- Motivated to do what it takes to deliver a successful project!
The rewards for this role include a completely negotiable package that will include a base salary, superannuation contributions as well as motor vehicle, mobile phone and laptop computer. There is also the potential for a form of equity once proven.
For a confidential discussion regarding this outstanding opportunity, please call Stuart Merrick on 08 9426 1500 quoting job reference SM23077. Alternatively go to our website www.miningpeople.com.au to apply now.
Click here to read the rest of today's news stories.