- Continental Africa
- Reside UK / EU
- Unique Project
Our Client is set to rapidly develop a new mining project and on their behalf we are seeking to identify excellent options for this critical appointment. The Project team is working towards an ambitious schedule and key to success lies in this successful appointment. Reporting to the General Director, as Senior Project Manager for the processing, infrastructure and services construction phase, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of construction through to completion, within budget and on schedule
This role requires an adaptable, hands on Manager who is comfortable taking ownership and responsibility.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Direct and control construction activities to ensure standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that time schedules are met.
- Review and authorise construction programme and completion schedule and delegate activities for the day to day direction of field schedule requirements.
- Manage labour relations and coordinate with the representative groups to ensure a harmonious project environment.
- Ensuring reports are regular and communicate to the Board and General Director on all field activities, identifying any potential or existing concerns and problems that may affect project milestones.
- Understand and promote the Project HSE Management Plan and Company Social Impact Plan.
- Ensure all HSE risk assessments and specific controls are in place to assist in the elimination or control of any potential risk observations.
- Ensure that Construction Supervisors and personnel are aware of their roles and responsibilities within the Project.
- Delegate functional responsibility to all supervisory staff including sub-contractor for frontline HSE, Quality, and IR requirements.
To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate:
- Extensive Project Management experience within a mine site construction environment.
- Formal qualifications such as Mechanical, Construction, or Processing Management.
- Engineering, mineral processing plant construction/operational knowledge.
- A high level of technical, analytical, and organisational skills accompanied by strong oral and written English communication skills;
- Extensive experience in cross cultural / expatriate environments and challenging locations.
This opportunity presents as a compelling one for a suitably experienced individual. A high level remuneration package inclusive of incentives will be negotiated with the successful candidate. It is anticipated and preferred that given the location of the project, that the successful candidate will have no aversion to relocation to the UK or EU. Confidential expressions can be sent to Paul Hanrahan via email@example.com with "Senior Project Manager" in the subject header.