ABOUT WEST AFRICAN RESOURCES LTD:
West African Resources Limited ("WAF") is a dual ASX and TSX-V listed gold company, creating shareholder value through the development of the Sanbrado Gold Project in Burkina Faso. A Definitive Feasibility Study ("DFS") for the Sanbrado Gold Project was completed in February 2017 and confirmed it as a robust project with strong early cashflow, rapid payback of capital and expected production of more than 150,000oz gold per year.
Subsequent to the release of the DFS WAF has focussed on targeted drilling at Sanbrado which culminated in the release of an updated resource estimate in October 2017, with an updated Definitive Feasibility Study due for completion in mid-2018.
Currently the Company is undertaking expansion plans to prepare for project funding and ultimately the development and then operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine.
WAF currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Chief Financial Officer, with substantial exposure to the mining industry, to join our close-knit team and play a critical role in leading the Company through the next stage of the Company's development.
This newly created role will report to the CEO, working closely with the senior leadership team and Board, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial control and reporting, project funding, budgeting and forecasting, participate in and advise on strategic planning, drive efficiencies in financial/business systems and controls, participate and advise on commercial decisions, manage cash flow and risk, including group wide insurance, assist in future acquisition due diligence and integration, and assist in investor relations for the company.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Employer: West African Resources Ltd
Salary: Negotiable (Cash along with STI's and LTI's)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Candidates must have previous experience in a similar role, be able to operate at a strategic level, identifying priorities whilst still being able to operate at a hands on level when required.
This is a high profile role that requires strong leadership and previous experience partnering with an executive team, in which some travel will be required.
Essential skills, experience and competencies for this role include:
- Experience in raising debt and equity funds; and
- Thorough knowledge of financial/tax planning, budgets, cost control, cash flow management and raising capital;
- Experience as a CFO of an ASX or TSX listed, revenue earning mining company;
- Degree in Accounting or similar;
- CA or CPA accreditation;
- Treasury experience including foreign currency, hedge management & analysis;
- Experience in dealing with investors and project finance providers
- Detailed understanding, including negotiation followed by implementation of project finance debt structures and debt financing processes, including compliance reporting.
- Experience on a start-up project; and
- Experience in West Africa and the ability to speak French will be viewed favourably along with an understanding of West African finance systems (IFRS, SYSCOA, OHADA);
- Experience with large ERP systems, which includes overseeing installation.
To obtain further information or register your interest in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
This opportunity is currently only open to candidates who have proven and unrestricted Australian Work Rights.