- Perth Based, International Site Time As Required
- Greenfield Mining Project
Our client is moving forward with the development of a significant mining project with a high degree of social and environmental responsibility.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, we are seeking an individual who will be actively involved in and ultimately accountable for significant plant and infrastructure construction followed by commissioning of this greenfield project. Specifically, the role will focus on bringing together the various project construction components into an integrated plan inclusive of well defined scopes of work, detailed implementation plans, and the identification of resources and key progress milestones to achieve schedules and budget.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Ultimate responsibility for the delivery of the project within time, cost, quality and safety criteria
- Recruit owner's project staff necessary to perform the work and ensure the Engineering / construction contractor has the best available resources on the project.
- Develop constructive relationships between Engineering / construction contractor's team, and owner's team to ensure all objectives are aligned.
- Prepare the Project Execution Plan including the project organisation and structure, contracting strategy and resource plans.
- Based on the approved budget for the project, authorise commitments and expenditures within authority levels and control costs within budget limits and ensure scope change process is appropriately authorised, documented and followed.
- Monitor construction progress, and in particular the critical path so that schedule slippage can be monitored and the effects minimised.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project.
- On completion of construction activities the position will be required to support all commissioning and start up activities to ensure a smooth transition to operations.
- Overview defect identification and rectification throughout the construction and pre-commissioning process and monitor with operations post handover.
- Ensure the highest safety and environmental standards attainable are achieved through good safety and environmental management. Oversee audits and reviews of the Project Safety and Environmental Management Plan to seek continual improvement.
We are seeking candidates with 20 + years experience, with project development exposure inclusive of design through to commissioning . Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline are anticipated and will be well regarded.
This is a superb opportunity for a ground floor entrance into this exciting Company as it continues its dynamic growth. It should be noted that this is a long term staff appointment, with future project development opportunities within the Company very likely. An exceptional remuneration package will be negotiated with the preferred candidate.
Confidential inquires can be directed to Paul Hanrahan via email@example.com or + 61 (0) 412 935 105