Gold Road Resources is a highly successful and dynamic mid-tier gold development and exploration company who thrives on Unlocking Potential in all aspects of our organisation.
- Do you want to work for the company that discovered the 6 million ounce Gruyere Gold Mine, in Western Australia's Yamarna Greenstone Belt?
- Can you imagine leading discovery focused exploration activities across our ~6,000km2 tenement holding in the Yamarna terrane, plus~5,000km2 in the South West terrane with our JV partner Cygnus Gold?
- Do you want to significantly contribute to WA's important resource sector by leading Australia's largest Greenfields Gold exploration project with a budget of AUD$23 million in 2018?
- Do you see yourself leading an inspired and successful exploration team with an inclusive, collaborative and innovative culture?
- Can you apply your track record of safe and effective exploration practices to ensuring the health and safety of our exploration teams?
Gold Road are currently expanding our Exploration Team which is tasked with Unlocking Potential in exploration, people and culture in the regions we explore through 2018 and beyond.
If you can see yourself leading an engaged and high performing team, that is welcoming, fun, energetic and passionate about geology, and fully believes in making further World Class gold discoveries to add to Gruyere, please consider Gold Road Resources for the next adventure in your career.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager - Geology, the Exploration Manager will take ownership of the management of site based exploration activities and camp, whilst providing strong leadership and technical support to the exploration team. With a pivotal focus on safety you will lead the development of technically excellent and efficient work programmes focussed on adding to the Company's Reserve and Resource base through discovery, extension and delineation of high value gold deposits that meet the company's strategic objectives.
This role is based in our West Perth office with frequent travel to our Yamarna Exploration site expected.
- Design and implementation of exploration programmes targeting our highest quality prospects
- Leadership and management of the geologists, field staff, camp staff and exploration contractors
- Budgeting, including approvals, financial analysis and reporting
- Tenement portfolio management to support Gold Road's strategic objectives
- Manage all environmental and site rehabilitation activities
- Embracing and embedding a culture where your team take responsibility for the safety & wellbeing of themselves and others, the environment and care for country
- Performing the role of Site Registered Manager in accordance with statutory obligations
As a dynamic and inspiring leader and mentor, you will:
- Possess strong transformational leadership skills
- Hold a B.Sc. degree in Geology or a related discipline (preferably with Honours)
- Utilise your extensive greenfields orogenic gold exploration experience to support, grow and manage our enthusiastic team to continue to discover World Class Gold Mines
- Have demonstrated technical geological proficiencies with more than 10 years industry experience
- Have a demonstrated track record of making significant gold discoveries
- Have exposure to resource estimation, economic evaluation, and gold mining
What we offer you
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an emerging gold producer with a track record for achieving results.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit based on passion, collaboration and innovation and we take pride in our accomplishments
- Our West Perth team are friendly, fun, and reward high achievement
- Our permanent Yamarna Exploration camp is a world class exploration facility which enables efficient and successful exploration activity. Equipped with real grass, chickens, herb gardens and our award-winning chefs, we strive to create an environment that enables our team to thrive in a remote region
- We embrace diversity and inclusion and are open to new ideas and innovative thinking in our working environment
To obtain further information or register your interest in this position, please email your CV and a cover letter in strict confidence to email@example.com. This position will close 22 April 2018 however, we do reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to candidates working within Australia and who have proven Australian Work Rights.